Monday, August 31, 2009

Falling Into Place

I meant to update this a few days ago, but whatever. Everything is coming together really well for France: The Sequel. Flight to France: check. Train to Nancy: half-check (I have it reserved...can't bring myself to spend money yet). Housing: check (will be living at one of my schools, Collège la Fontaine). Visa: check. Contact with former and future colleagues: check. I'm really excited to get back, especially since I'll have a schedule in my life, since I've been living my summer based on what time Brewers games, Law and Order reruns and So You Think You Can Dance episodes are televised. I've been hanging out with Zeus, my summer buddy, walking partner and bed-hog. Yep, everything's easy-peasy, although I can't believe its already (almost) September. Yikes!

Completely-unrelated, yet kinda-related-when-you-think-about-it political post: RIP Senator Kennedy. I've never been a resident (or even a visitor) of the state of Massachusetts. Being born in the mid-1980s, I never witnessed JFK or RFK. But I have been alive to see the work that Senator Kennedy has done for the country he loved so much, for people who truly needed his voice in Washington.

"The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm excited that you updated this! I check in from time to time and BAM! There are a bunch to catch up on! I'll be sure to continue to stalk while you're gone!