This job rocks. I've said it before, and I'll probably say it until I'm dead. Beyond the 12-hour work week, the four 2-week paid vacations and obvious benefit of receiving French public health care (I'm going to the eye doctor, the dentist, the gyno, etc...which I can't do at home because I'm a lousy slouch without health care who wants the government to provide me with a basic right to affordable health care), there are awesome benefits. As I've only been to Jean Lamour twice, I haven't reaped their benefits yet, but la Fontaine has got me covered. I receive emails on the collège's listserv. I'm writing a monthly article in English for the newspaper. I'm helping plan activities for visits to the cinema (the collège goes once a month to see a good movie...next week 3ème and 4ème are going to Goodbye, Lenin!). Tomorrow, I'm going to Verdun with the 3èmes, which I'm totally psyched about, since I've been trying to go since I found out that I'd be in the Lorraine.

1 comment:
Well enjoy it NOW because in no time you will be in the states and there is NO WAY you will get that here!!!! I also got job perks---start at 6:00 which means I have to go outside in the cold morning to start my car before i leave---I work in the bakery but for a diabetic--no fun can't eat just about anything, way too much sugar--come home to start dinner and take Zeus for a walk---tired feet, tired feet, tired feet--in bed by 8:30 to start it all over again which stinks cuz I can't watch any shows, football or baseball. Don't get too jealous now!!!!!
Love you XXOO
Post a Comment