No, there hasn't been a big snowstorm here, yet (although it did snow on Sunday night...and lasted approximately half a day before melting). I was reading cnn.com, which is my connection to the world outside of Lunéville, and I saw this headline: Freezing Britain struggles to get moving. My first thought was "wow, I bet they got a TON of snow."
Well, Britain did receive its worst snowfall in 18 year--27 centimeters (10 inches). It's been gripped by bone-chilling temperatures of -10˚C (14˚F). While I really do feel bad for the people who haven't had to deal with this in a long time, the whole story made me think about how great it is that I'm from Wisconsin. Being raised in an environment where 10 inches of snow isn't that big of a deal, and 14˚F is a decent winter day has prepared me for any "wintery" environment.
That being said, I really would prefer for all of the snow to be melted and for a nice heatwave to hit the UK before I leave on Sunday.
2 comments:
I wish it had been 14 here today! it's supposed to warm up here tomorrow though! Hope it warms up for your trip!
Well now that your on vacation AGAIN---hope the snow has melted and have a great time and keep yourself safe. Hugs and kisses OOOXXX
Love Mom
Post a Comment