Yesterday afternoon, in the cantine, while Ana and I were just minding our own business, munching on some bread and brie, we received an unexpected bomb. The proviseur (principal) of our school asked us when our last day was (which is odd because he should already know). We answered "April 30" to which he replied (in French, of course) something to the effect of "Oh, sometimes the former assistants would not come back for the last week after vacation. Talk to your teachers, because it might not be necessary for you to return that last week."
Technically, my last day could be April 3. Which upsets me a bit because 1. As much as I would love a few extra weeks to travel, I want to return to the United States with some money and 2. I had fully planned on fun activities those last 6 or 7 days (something with American music and PB&J sandwiches).
So what am I to do? I'm going to channel my inner Public Enemy and fight the power. I actually don't think it will be terribly hard because Béatrice has already spoken to me about taking her group on the Monday after vacation because she will be jet-lagged (her family is going to California for vacation!). So, I'm pretty sure that I will be here until April 30. Now, if only I could work my magic into receiving renewal news before September...
No comments:
Post a Comment