6ème: It was a girls birthday, so we had cake and did Christmas vocabulary and sang "Jingle Bells." However, I was wearing a Star Wars tshirt, so that generated more conversation than Christmas. No bother...my kids are awesome and we translated all the characters on my shirt into English from their French conterparts.
5ème: We sang some very good renditions of "Jingle Bells" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." Some of the kids pulled out their cameras and cell phones and caught me leading the singing around the room. So I made them sing again with no music (so I could record). We then ate candy and watched Mr. Bean's Christmas.
4ème: We sang "Jingle Bells" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" and "Deck The Halls." One boy gave me a Santa hat to wear during the lesson. We ate candy and watched Mr. Bean's Christmas. Two of the funniest boys pulled their chairs up to sit by me and tried to draw cat ears for me on the board behind my head. They did a good job...it lined up perfectly.
3ème: We did Christmas on Tuesday, but I stayed an extra 10 minutes to record their version of "Deck The Halls." Half the class had Santa hats, and it was just as jovial as the first time.
Without further ado, my students:
"We Wish You A Merry Christmas" (5èmes)
"Jingle Bells" (4èmes)
"Deck The Halls" (3èmes)
A collection of presents I received from students: 3 homemade Christmas cards, a paper snowflake, a colored picture of Santa and reindeer, a box of chocolate, a bag of mirabelle-flavored gummies, a bag of cookies and papillotes, two taffies, two Kinder eggs. Not pictured: numerous "'appy 'oleedays!" and "Merry Chreesmaaas and 'appy New Yeeer!" and "Bon vacances!"
2 comments:
To bad you didn't have my Christmas tape to play for them. I bet they would have loved to hear that tape. A classic original--like no other.
They sounded cute. Where are you in those pictures?
Miss and love you soooo much!
Love Mom XXOO
Umm, someone had to record them singing (aren't they awesome?!?). My students took pictures of me. Sadly, no "Mom's Christmas Tape" although I'm sure they would've enjoyed it. Maybe.
Post a Comment