Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chuck Norris Jokes

Nothing terribly new to post.  I've not been up to anything extraordinary (well, considering the circumstances, because I will agree that the past two years have been anything but ordinary).  The sun is slowly setting on my time here in France, and everyone is all-too-aware-but-not-really-wanting-to-admit this.  I have an official "touchdown" date into the States: May 11.  Get excited.

In an effort to keep this blog going, I thought I'd share a hilarious story from Friday's lessons.  The bell rang at 4:30 after my 4ème class at Jean Lamour, and as I was packing up to leave for the weekend, Coralie (an English teacher), burst in the room and asked if I could possible stay for an extra hour.  She and Fiona (the other English teacher) have been preparing an exchange to Finland, but have been getting a lot of grief from the administration, thus preventing them from buying the cheapest flights...but they were able to negotiate a price, if they had an extra hour to do so.  Since I really love this 3ème class, and I knew that they'd behave (even though I'm not supposed to take a whole class), I agreed to stay, and in return got an hour knocked off next Friday's schedule.

I had nothing prepared, so we corrected a test and then played pictionary for the last 30 minutes.  I chose to give them really fun pop culture figures to draw (like Michael Jackson, Spiderman and McDonalds), which they enthusiastically did.  Not a single "That's too hard!" or complaint.  Since the boys in the class are obsessed with Chuck Norris (yeah, I don't get it either), I decided to use him for one round.  The two boys drawing were really excited and started scrawling on the board, while their classmates shouted out a plethora of possible answers.  The following is my absolute favorite exchange between 3 of the boys:

Alan: DIEU!!!!...GOD!!
Pierre (drawing): PRESQUE!!!!! (presque = almost)
Marc:  CHUCK NORREEES!
Me: BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!  *cue fit of laughter, in which I had tears in my eyes and couldn't breathe for a good minute.*

Viva Chuck Norris.

2 comments:

Kinzie said...

You should DEFINITELY continue posting stories about class. I'm sitting here laughing because I can TOTALLY picture my students doing that -- except most of my students are at least 16 years old... Oh well!

Anonymous said...

Only 52 daaaayyyyyysssss! I can't wait for that plane to touch down!
Love and miss you sooooo much.
Mom XXOO