Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Melissa and the Last Crusade

Yesterday was an epic day in my life in Lunéville.  For the first time in my two months in France, I was able to FINALLY receive the Internet in my apartment!  It feels amazing...like I'm finally connected to the world.  It has been incredibly difficult to get the school to let us have Internet.  I'm pretty sure it was easier for Indiana Jones to find the Holy Grail in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (my favorite of the Indiana Jones movies).  So Ana (the Spanish assistant) and I finally just asked them if we could pay for our own.  The technician came yesterday and hooked everything up and voilà!  So I will be able to update this blog a lot more frequently (because my laptop is actually made for the 21st century, unlike the computers in the teacher's lounge) and keep in contact with everyone a lot easier.

Speaking of Indiana Jones, this scene accurately depicts how I felt without Internet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I'm glad you got internet because that part of Indiana Jones looked painful, lol!