So I know its not exactly Christmas yet, but I received a totally awesome Christmas surprise today. My mom sent me a huge package (that wasn't a surprise) full of stuff I love: peanut butter MnMs, more candy and goodies, OREOS!, and PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!! You have no idea how long I searched and searched for PB, only to find a small jar cost around 6 Euro (like $8). Ridiculous! I'm so glad to be able to introduce a vital part of American culture--the PB&J--to my students.
The big shock, however, was two wonderful Christmas cards with notes and signatures from (almost) all of my relatives! It was such an awesome, awesome surprise. They're all wonderful and great and CRAZY and I love them tons for thinking of me. Seriously, it made my day that much better! I don't know how many of them even read this, but if you do, I want to thank you all so, so much. I really appreciate all the support and kind words. I miss you all...even more than I miss watching my University of North Carolina Tar Heels lay the beatdown on lesser opponents (Duke). Thank you all! And keep practicing your French. :)
Additionally, a HUGE "Félicitations!" to my dear friend Desirée, who is getting married tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment