Today marks a very important day in my cultural life. If you know me, heck, if you've even met me, you know how big of a Beatles fan I am. Some would say it borders on obsession. Back on track, today--09.09.09--is perhaps the biggest "day in the life" (see what I did there?) for Beatlemaniacs. For on this day, a plethora of Beatles-related merchandise is
finally being release. I have 19 days until I leave for France, and you can bet that I will search for someone who will let me play their version of Beatles Rock Band before I go (I've never even played regular Rock Band). Additionally, probably more importantly, today marks the day that The Beatles Remastered Box Set--the Holy Grail, if you will--is released. In the words of Liz Lemon/Tina Fey, "I want to go to there."
Look at the YEARS of brilliance collected here! Love.
The London Times sums it up best, in their review of the Beatles Box Set. "It took the Beatles four vinyl hours and a staggering three years to get from I Saw Her Standing There — the opening song of their debut album Please Please Me — to Revolver’s demonic psychedelic climax Tomorrow Never Knows. Whatever else they achieved in their final four years, that much alone is enough to solidify into fact that there will never be a more extraordinary pop decade than the Sixties and a more extraordinary band in that decade than the Beatles."
No comments:
Post a Comment