Friday, April 24, 2009

End Of The Road

It's my last "official" weekend as an English assistant in Lunéville, and my second-to-last weekend in France (until September/October 2009, right rectorat?!? Anyone...anyone...Bueller?). It's pretty strange. I now have an official "last class" on Wednesday at 9am. After that, I'm finished. For good. There are times when it hasn't hit me that the end is approaching (complete denial on my part), and there are times (like, oh, right now) that I'm staring at the concrete wall outside my window, feeling the tears and sadness coming in waves. Sigh. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I'm sure that in the coming days I'll write a really nice summary of what it's been like, but for now, I'm just going to profitter from my last few days here, there and everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi MIssy!

Just remember this----there are friends over there sad to see you go BUT there are happy friends and family here there and everywhere to see you come back!!!
Enjoy this last week. Stay safe. Getting antsy to see you. Gosh I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Hugs and kisses OOOXXX
Love Mom