Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Men At Work

I would just like to know who’s bright idea it was to start renovation/construction in our flat? Because really, there are probably a million other things that could be done at the lycée before tackling the assistant’s flat. In any case, what is so desperately needing to be fixed that it could not possibly wait until May 6? I could forgive retiling the boiler room during vacation (we weren’t there). I could forgive removing wallpaper and scraping paint. But today, a line was crossed that I cannot forgive: the removal of our dining area chalkboard and the commencement of a paint job, leaving the entire flat reeking of paint (and not to mention a nice mess in our kitchen sink…umm, maintenance guys, we still eat—no, we still LIVE—here). Currently, I’m sitting in a incredibly drafty living room, with every window open, awaiting a future paint-fume-induced headache. I’m pretty sure that I could find about 54,300 other areas that need a paint job in this place. And surely, there’s no one living there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha i almost died laughing at the 54,300 part. i'm going to run to tell my "landlord" tomorrow that i'll be here for a while longer...i can see bichat doing the same thing, esp seeing as they've been hammering away at something in the flat below everyday starting at like 8am, blah, i'm next!