Tuesday, January 13, 2009

God Save The Queen

I am officially booked for my February vacation! After hours of frustration on the sncf website (seriously, I'm pretty sure that it's "down for maintenance" at least once a week), I finally managed to solidify my travel arrangements to the United Kingdom. The only thing left to do now is decided what to see and do there. Oh yeah, and actually work until it arrives.

February 9: train Paris to Calais, cross the English Channel to Dover via ferry. This is a total recreation of the WAM trip (only in reverse direction), but I've been jonesing for a view of the White Cliffs of Dover ever since the summer of 2002 (yes, they're that beautiful).

February 9-12: TBD, but I'm thinking a little time in Dover and Canterbury (yes, the same Canterbury from Canterbury Tales). Possibly a visit to a friend at the University of Warwick. Definitely, spending a day or two in Liverpool, to do this and this.

February 13: meet Claire at Heathrow! Train to Scotland...leaving from King's Cross, which Harry Potter fans know well (I will find Platform 9 3/4. Because there's still hope that my acceptance letter to Hogwarts just got lost in the mail...).

February 14-15: St. Andrew's; setting for this scene.

February 15-18: Edinburgh

February 19-22: meet Katy! Plus, fun stuff in London (my London hat trick...3rd time in the city) and Stonehenge (possibly). Return to Lunéville on February 22.*


*Family Law states that any mention of February 22 must also be accompanied by a mention that it is my mom's birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good "Family Law" there Missy! I like that. Hopefully with ALL this traveling you will get that resume done before hand????
Love and miss you soooooooo much.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh i miss you! haha! i need you around for you witty comments about make believe movies and such! You travels sound like a lot of fun! Hope your week is going well!