Finally. After 8 years of lies, deceit, fear and the blatant disregard for the Constitution--the building block of our nation--Barack Obama is bringing competence back to the White House (I'm not afraid to admit that seeing the Bush helicopter leave Washington DC was an incredibly wonderful moment). Watching the Inauguration live on cnn.com was incredibly moving. I am so proud--this is how you're supposed to feel about your President. It has been a long time coming, and I could not be more thrilled to be an American today. Change will come. It may not be immediately, and it may require more sacrifices. But if we want it (and I don't know about you, but I desperately want it), we will work for it. We will sacrifice for it. A change will come, although it will not be easy. But we are on the right path. We have started to turn around, to back away from failed policy after failed policy. Today is a new day...YES WE CAN!
Also, this is very cool (and the original version).
5 comments:
Hi Missy!
I told Dad yesterday when he got home that i bet Missy will write something on her blog today about the new President Obama,---I was right!
In the video did you see who was in it? Michael from LOST was in it about four times! Good video. President Obama's speech was amazing! I listen to it a few times and each time I like what i heard.
Will send you the newspapers with articles about him for you to read.
Talk to you later. Keep safe, happy and healthy
Love Mom XO
did you watch the acapella video too? i never thought i'd see an acapella version of "yes we can" but i love the original version tons. i listened to that song about 10 times yesterday!
also mom, there was no comment from you on my post about my titre de séjour/green card...you're slipping! :)
I had the bowling ball issue on my mind--that's why. Can only write so much in a day!
Love You
Mom XXOO
p.s. I will write something soon on that blog
i'm just glad the bowling ball will continue to live on in hartmann family lore.
Okay, I'm still a Hartmann, so what's the deal with the bowling ball???
Post a Comment