Yesterday afternoon, I received a knock on my door. This was extremely surprising, considering that I never work on Wednesdays, since neither Béatrice nor Clothilde work on Wednesdays. This tends to make this weekday rather lazy, and I am often just bumming around in my sweats. Well, to my surprise, there was the history/geography teacher with a reporter from L'Est Républicain. She wanted to interview me about Barack Obama, as I am an American living in the region, and I've been talking about elections almost non-stop since October.
The interview went well, despite my total shock and my French wasn't terrible (although she did do a bang-up job polishing up my mistakes). The article was in today's edition, with a nice color photo of me pretending to write "Yes We Can!" on the chalkboard in my apartment. It's in French, so I won't even bother to link it (plus, you have to pay to read articles on the paper's website) and a translation would be too long, so I'll be sending copies (and translations) back home for all to see! I can't wait to hear my students' reactions...I already have one class who makes me feel like a rock star, so I'm sure their enthusiasm will be through the roof.
Random "lol" moment of the day: I asked aforementioned class if they watched the Inauguration, which most of them had. They all seemed to enjoy it and had a few questions ("Why deed Obama put eez 'and on a Bible?"). The gold medal student observation: "My favoreet part eez when George Bush flied from Washington in zee 'eleecopter!!" I feel similarly! :)
2 comments:
I think my favorite part of your blogs are your impersonations of your students!
I agree with Alli---you do great impersonations of your students! Sometimes i have to read it over and over again to get what you just said! Stop laughing Missy!!
It was GREAT talking to you. Hugs and kisses sent your way--OOOXXX
126 days left--can't wait!
Love Mom
Post a Comment