Saturday, January 17, 2009

Shop Til You Drop

I love January and July in France. During these two fabulous months, the government mandates that stores have HUGE sales (les soldes en français). I'm talking at least 50% off on over half of the merchandise, which means there are tons of great deals to be had. Yesterday, I went to Nancy to take advantage. Find of the day: a pair of GAP jeans for 12€. I know, I probably shouldn't be shopping at stores like H&M and the GAP because I can find them in the States. But I would never be able to find jeans that cheap in my local GAP, sale or no sale. I also bought a heavy winter coat and a shirt...all three items totaled under 75€. Now these are sales I can get excited about! (Aunt Judy, anytime you want to head over here to take advantage, just let me know!)

Totally unrelated side-note: I decided to take advantage of the London theatre scene on the one night I will be spending in London before Claire arrives in the UK. Mamma Mia! here I go again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am REALLY jealous! You have awesome sales and you get to see Mamma Mia! That's not fair!
Have lots of fun.
Miss you and love you sooo much.
Hugs and kisses sent your way--OOOXXX
Love Mom

Melissa said...

i'm sure the performances in mamma mia won't be as great as you pulling up in the suv with "dancing queen" blasting so loud that people in minnesota can hear it.

Anonymous said...

Sales, did I hear big sales????
I can be on the next plane....

love,

A.J.