I was recently in Paris for two days before the New Year to meet up with Cheryl and two of her sisters, who came to visit her (and because I just love Paris). Anyway, wow, I never want to be there in busy season EVER again. I studied there in the summer of 2007 and seriously, this is the worse I've ever seen it. For example, the line to get into Notre Dame extended all the way to the end of the giant square in front of the cathedral, curved around in a "U" until it reached the front of again. I have NEVER seen this. Also, the line at Musée d'Orsay was probably a good 2-hour wait (and that's being generous). People were just really pushy (ok, shoving me in the back is not going to get you any closer to the front of the line). The worst thing though is that every métro is packed and its really hard to 1. get out when you are in the back and 2. get on when its packed full. In a story that comes full circle, I almost got smushed by the métro doors for the second time in my life (I had to hold the doors of the last nightly métro open for my friends in 2007...if you've ever been to Paris, you know all about the buzzing noises and such). Sigh. Why do I love the métro so?
Anyway, the moral of this story is that you should avoid Paris between Christmas and New Year's Day because people are crazy and you can almost get smushed by the closing métro doors.
2 comments:
Missy-
i am laughing so hard reading this blog I have tears in my eyes!! I can see you trying to get in and out(laughing again) of these doors. Just be careful with people pushing you to get closer---On Black Friday(day after Thanksgiving) a Wal-Mart employee was trampled on by people who were waiting to get in the store--he died! So the story is---push back!!!!!!! Laughing again
Good to see a new blog up and a funny one. Talk to you soon
Keep happy, healthy and SAFE by ANY doors! Hugs and kisses OOOXXX
Love Mom
I have read this blog about five or six times now and i get a good laugh EVERY time! Thanks for the pick-me-upper
Post a Comment